On this week’s episode we answer a question inspired by a voice memo about dealing with identity-based triggers. We also talk about the idea of higher care, and our plans for our late summer break from Tonic. As always we end with the many things giving us life–yoga, podcast merch, music, performances, farms and design for the wellbeing of Black women.
Have a question for a future show? Send us a voice memo to email@example.com. We’re on break until mid-September but we’ll be happy to respond to your question when we return.
Things we mentioned in the episode:
- Tonic playlist
- Turn Poison into Medicine: Self-Compassion and Higher Care
- Radio Menea merch store
- It’s Better To Speak: An Evening of Resistance and Revival
- Potomac Vegetable Farms
- Ana Tijoux
- The Jerome Project by Titus Kaphar
- Black To The Future playlist
- Denise Shanté Brown and the Design for the Wellbeing of Black Women
- B.B. King’s Sweet Little Angel