On this week’s episode we answer a question from a listener who struggled to breastfeed with her first child and is looking for guidance as she works through that experience in preparation for a second pregnancy. We also talk about our own experiences with family separation in the context of what is going on politically. We end with what is giving us life: cooking, cupping, World Cup dancing and friend support.
Trigger Warning: In our first segment we address a number of topics that might be triggering: family separation, violence and trauma. If you’d like to skip that segment, move ahead to the 34 minute mark for our phone a healer segment about breastfeeding.
We’re taking a brief late summer break beginning in August through mid-September. If you’ve been meaning to send in a question, now is the time before we record next week! Send us an email or a voice memo to email@example.com.
Things we mentioned in the episode:
- The Republican Party Moves from Family Values to White Nationalism
- Los Angeles healer recommendations from Laura Luna in response to the caller in Episode 18:
- Queen Hollins at the Earthlodge Center for Transformation. “I’ve attended ceremonies at the Earthlodge and they’ve been very transformative. Queen is a fierce queer elder whose magic and gifts are very powerful.” Facebook, YouTube.
- Berenice Dimas – “She does amazing limpias which is not exactly what the listener asked for but may be something to consider. I’m also 100% sure if she doesn’t offer it, she would know a curanderx in the area who could do Soul Retrieval work.”
- This next person is not a person of color but is queer and is very much aware and has a super intersectional lens. They are a part of the alQemy collective which is LA Based. Scott K Smith is someone who I’m in ceremony with at least once a month and I learn so much from them. This link is to their services page which I feel has info that the listener could use.
- City Acupuncture Circle
- Senegalese team dance
- Joy’s 125 Collection