Do you struggle to hear your own intuition? On this week’s episode we answer a listener question about trusting your gut, and why it can be difficult to leave challenging situations. We also talk about how to find the right healer for you, and the signs that a practitioner is the right fit. We end with things giving us life: teas, afrofuturist novels and floral tattoo artists.
Have a question for a future show? Send us a voice memo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Things we mentioned in the episode:
- Karen’s article about cotton root bark
- Pérez’s article on the history of surgery on enslaved women
- American Herbalist Guild Symposium where Karen and Richael will be speaking in October
- Our workshops at Allied Media Conference:
- Richael’s HealingTools newsletter
- Calabash Tea Bar & Cafe and their Blue Velvet tea
- Afrofuturist Novels: Binti (Binti #1) by Nnedi Okorafor; Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orisha #1) by Tomi Adeyemi
- Tattoo artist Amanda Rodriguez on IG