On this week’s episode we welcome our first guest host, Muneera Fontaine of Peaceful Earth Graceful Birth. With Muneera we talk all about womb wellness–from birth to menstruation to womb steams. We answer a few listener questions about doulas, advocating for yourself with your provider and when is the best time for a yoni steam. We end with the things giving us life–Wakanda, anti-racist mistresses, endorphins and more.
Have a question for a future show? Send us a voice memo to email@example.com.
Things we mentioned on the episode:
- Our guest host, Muneera Fontaine’s website
- Thema Azize Serwa’s the Womb Sauna
- Pérez’s article in the New York Times, Making Pregnancy Safer for Women of Color
- International Center for Traditional Childbearing
- More resources about ritual tattoos in communities of color here, and episode 9 where we talked more in depth about tattooing
- The Steamy Chick for womb sauna instructions, and two videos recommended by Muneera for home womb steam set-ups.
- Wakanda Build-A-Bear
- Human Ecology of Racism
- Mistress Velvet
- Zena Carlota