Does anxiety interfere with your sleep? Do you struggle with letting the day go in order to rest? On this week’s episode we answer a question from a listener who has trouble going to bed, and thinks it might be related to anxiety. We’ve got a lot of suggestions for this issue, from sleep hygiene and rituals, to dealing with electronic and ambient pollution, to herbal assistance. We also talk about staying centered in these political times, the benefits of squatting and, as always, a few things giving us life.
Things we mentioned on this show are below.
- Black Lives Matter CoFounder Alicia Garza Talks Staying Centered In The Face of Extreme Adversity, Complex, Nov. 6
- Pérez’s TED Talk about racism and maternal health
- Radical Hope Is Our Best Weapon, Interview with Junot Diaz, On Being
- Insight Timer Meditation App
- The Forgotten Art of Squatting Is A Revelation For Bodies Ruined By Sitting, Quartzy, Rosie Spinks, Nov. 9
- Terrible, Thanks for Asking
- Santo Diame church, founder Mestre Irineu, entheogen
- Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Sao José Slave Shipwreck
- Hood Rock
- Vegan Thanksgiving Freestyle by Grey
Check out our upcoming live event in DC on December 9th: Turning Poison into Medicine: Self-Care Alchemy for Difficult Times, and purchase tickets here.
Have a question for a future show? Send us a voice memo to firstname.lastname@example.org.