Do you dread the coming of winter? Maybe you hate the colder temperatures, the bone-chilling winds, the lack of sunlight, or perhaps it’s the seasonal illnesses. On this week’s episode we answer a question from a listener who struggles with a persistent cough during the colder months. We also revisit the concept of soul theft in a response to a follow up from Episode 1, and the very real threat of government surveillance of Black activists right now. And, as always, we end with a few shout outs to things giving us life: a soothing natural juice, a young adult fiction novel and life celebrations.
Have a question about healing you’d like us to answer? Send a voice memo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to things we’ve referenced on the episode are below!
- The interview with Malkia Cyril about surveillance and Black activism: What Does the FBI’s New ‘Black Identity Extremist’ Label Really Mean to Black Organizing?
- The Way of the Shaman by Michael Harner & Conscious Uncoupling: 5 Steps to Living Happily Even After (recommended by Hiroki).
- Shamanism and Spirit-Mate by Shana Robinson
- Local D.C. Area Herb Shops: Blue Nile and Smile Herb Shop
- Herbs mentioned: Astragalus (Astragalus membranaceus), Cordyceps (Cordyceps sinensis), Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum), Rhodiola (Rhodiola rosea) and Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
- Give golden milk a try
- I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson